Summit Surgical’s Mission is tightly aligned with Arthrex’s Mission of “Helping surgeons treat their patients better”. Summit strives to provide outstanding service, innovative products and a place for our people to thrive. It was founded on the following Core Values: * Take Ownership * Live with Integrity * Passionately Engage * Pursue Excellence * Serve with Humility *. We have dedicated our business to helping advance surgeons’ training in minimally invasive orthopedics. Our team of professional representatives, along with our staff of experienced managers and education personnel, combine to offer over 200 years of surgical representative experience, knowledge, and resources for our customers.
Multi-Specialty Business Development Manager, is responsible for leading the Multi-Specialty sales strategy and sales activities within all of Summit Surgical’s defined geography. The Multi-Specialty Business Development Manager is expected to be in the field, engaging with Sales Representatives, to develop and maintain existing customer relationships, as well as to build new customer relationships. The Multi-Specialty Business Development Manager will bring a minimum of 5 years of in depth Multi-Specialty sales experience in the following specialties: ENT Surgery, General Surgery, GYN Surgery and GU Surgery in addition to extensive Orthopedic sales experience. This individual will be expected to conduct independent, high-level conversations and negotiations at the executive administrative level. The Multi-Specialty Business Development Manager is responsible for holding Sales Representatives accountable for all sales objectives and tactics, managing sales and operational activities on a daily basis, and developing the skills and effectiveness of their direct reports. The Multi-Specialty Business Development Manager is expected to collaborate with Area Sales Managers in order to measure, monitor, and address Sales Representative performance and intervenes to ensure successful achievement of business results including quota achievement, account education engagement, and inventory management. The Multi-Specialty Business Development Manager will also be responsible for providing high-level technical support to customers and other Sales Representatives in all surgical procedures that involve Multi-Specialty Capital Equipment products (positioning all products in the Arthrex Capital/I&R Portfolio).
Directly Reports to: V.P. of Sales
Primary Collaborator(s): Product Category Sales Managers Direct Reports: Territory Leads specific to Capital / I&R Business Needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Summit Management to set business development strategy for the integration business.
- Follow up with Area Sales Managers and Territory Leads frequently to ensure strategy is being executed. When needed identify weaknesses and offer evidence based solutions.
- Ensure Areas are uncovering opportunities and leveraging them to maximize growth of the Advanced Multi-Specialty Visualization product lines. This generally includes customer presentation and agency sales training.
- Develop and Execute NanoScope pipeline opportunities across Agency Geography
- Assist with Synergy product pricing structure and qualifying discounts as they relate to volume and capital consumable bundling. Working with local, regional and national buying groups is essential.
- Assisting representatives with evaluation and closing activities with key customers and reporting back to Arthrex Managers as it relates to advanced multi-specialty visualization.
- Training representatives on advanced visualization and fluorescence solutions and sales cycle as needed.
- Assist V.P. of Sales and Area Sales Managers in implementing sales playbook and execution of strategy.
- Lead interaction with General, Urology, GYN, and ENT surgeons to expand brand awareness of the Synergy solutions and fluorescence technology.
- Manage entire sales pipeline to monitor health of the business and maximize closure rate and success.
- Communicate sales opportunities to the Arthrex Regional Director – Endoscopy, Imaging and Resection Sales Management and Product Management.
- Communicating product attributes and shortcomings to product managers and recommending product line enhancements.
- Collecting key competitive information and ensuring that knowledge drives both sales effectiveness and product development direction.
- Coaching, teaching, and when necessary directing opportunities to via conference calls and in person visits on products/sales strategy/competitive info.
- Engage current and identify new Key Opinion Leaders for Local, Regional, and National peer to peer interactions.
- Lead the submittal of RFP and tender responses working with regional and agency sales managers.
- Up to 75% travel
- Maintain and develop positive and professional relationships by actively engaging with Physicians, Consultants, Residency and Fellowship programs, key customers and accounts
- Plan and monitor progress to successfully achieve and exceed sales goals
- Has or will obtain a thorough understanding of selected account sales history, surgeon customers, buying group affiliations, objectives, and structure.
- Evaluates strategic opportunities and challenges within select accounts and outlines solutions in meetings with Agency Leadership.
- Work with other team members in other product lines to plan and coordinate selling strategy within a team selling structure.
- Utilize and drive utilization of all Summit CRM resources/tools
- Complete reports for Agency Leadership.
- Demonstrate a leadership presence and influence that contributes to a high performing Sales Team while holding all members accountable for:
- inventory management
- effective time management
- professional conduct and communication
- independent development
- responsible and effective expense management
- accurate HCP reporting.
- Attend industry meetings and applicable Sales and Medical Education Trainings
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills, including but not limited to, inventory and freight management
- Comprehensive product training also requires the additional ability to handle and report product compliance and FDA required medical device reporting via the Arthrex Product Surveillance Department. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 5 years sales experience with laparoscopic surgical video, fluorescence imaging and advanced insufflation products required
- Full understanding and commitment to Summit’s Core Values
- Previous experience leading others
- Experience working in a team model
- High level of initiative
- Strong public speaking and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Mircosoft Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
Job: ID #0002